Consumer Action updates daily, headline news from a variety of news sources. The archive provides access in reverse chronological order, grouped by year, than month to allow for easier browsing.
- Headlines | Stolen cards tested on charity sites
- Headlines | Low-cost holiday gift ideas
- Headlines | No guilt trips over holiday gift cards
- Headlines | When it comes to holiday shopping, not all plastic is equal
- Headlines | 5 ways retailers are tracking you
- Headlines | Lawmakers look to provide relief for rising generic drugs costs
- Headlines | Automakers aim to drive away car computer hackers
- Headlines | Can security deposit be applied toward last month’s rent?
- Headlines | Consumer Reports reveals its 2014 Naughty & Nice List
- Headlines | Flow chart: Who qualifies for Obama’s immigration offer?
- Headlines | Is partner eligible for social security benefits?
- Headlines | Free money? Try credit with a catch.
- Headlines | Comparing college costs the easy way
- Headlines | A quarter of the uninsured say they can’t afford coverage
- Headlines | How to host Thanksgiving for under $50
- Chinese Headlines | Carjacking cases increased during holiday seasons (Chinese)
- Headlines | Mortgage giants’ stance against principal reduction may be softening
- Headlines | Here’s exactly what Obama is going to do about immigration
- Headlines | Average student debt burden in each state—in one alarming map
- Chinese Headlines | Obama grants amnesty to 500,000 illegal aliens (Chinese)
- Chinese Headlines | UC Regents approve 28% tuition hike over 5 years (Chinese)
- Headlines | Should you be debt free before your retire?
- Headlines | Cellphone tracking’s newest frontier
- Headlines | Does anyone get ticketed for cheating on freeway toll lanes?
- Headlines | Wells Fargo, Discover to offer student loan modifications
- Headlines | Hackers now targeting cars and driver data
- Headlines | Are you overly optimistic about how long you can work?
- Headlines | Why it’s cheaper right now to get a loan for a new car than a used one
- Headlines | Regulators demand recall of potentially dangerous air bags
- Headlines | Does disability erase student loan liability?
- Headlines | Obamacare: A blessing for some, a nightmare for others
- Headlines | FHA is back in the black — but not out of the woods
- Headlines | Payday lenders rarely cough up despite flurry of complaints
- Headlines | FTC action shows why it’s hard to figure out who to trust online
- Headlines | New York City unveils pay phone of the future
- Headlines | Behind closed doors, Ford, UPS, and Visa push for net neutrality
- Headlines | General Motors extends compensation fund deadline for victims
- Headlines | Why the South lags behind in home broadband use
- Headlines | HealthCare.gov reopens for shopping
- Headlines | FTC in talks with Apple about health data protection
- Headlines | Sometimes, it pays more to rent your roof than own it
- Headlines | Borrowers beware: the robo signers aren’t finished yet
- Chinese Headlines | Protest against AT&T building cell towers (Chinese)
- Chinese Headlines | Queens district’s Flushing rent hikes (Chinese)
- Chinese Headlines | Middle class students are most affected from the UC tuition hikes (Chinese)
- Chinese Headlines | Retain receipts for holiday gift card purchases (Chinese)
- Headlines | You’re at retirement age but haven’t saved enough: What now?
- Headlines | Choosing to live abroad in retirement
- Headlines | Why cheaper gas means bigger shopping sprees
- Chinese Headlines | Family reunion is high up on the Immigration reform (Chinese)
Nov 26, 2014
Nov 25, 2014
Nov 24, 2014
Nov 23, 2014
Nov 22, 2014
Nov 21, 2014
Nov 20, 2014
Nov 19, 2014
Nov 18, 2014
Nov 17, 2014
Nov 16, 2014
Nov 15, 2014
Nov 14, 2014
Support Consumer Action
Join Our Email List
Consumer Help Desk
- Help Desk
- Submit Your Complaints
- Presente su queja
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Links to Consumer Resources
- Consumer Service Guide (CSG)
- Class Actions Database
- Consumer Booknotes