Keep the Information Flowing
Small contributions go a long way. Your donation to Consumer Action, a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, can help us cover the cost of research, writing, and translation of our materials. To keep our services free for those who need them. Select an amount to give.
Updated: August 2014
How to Order Consumer Action’s Free Publications
Instructions for Nonprofit Agencies
Nonprofit agencies and government groups may order our publications in bulk for free. Consumer Action's printed publications can be ordered online while you're browsing individual publications or by faxing in the appropriate order forms (see below). In addition, most of our publications are also available in PDF format for download.
Please be advised that shipments may take up to four weeks. Printed copies of our publications may be available in Chinese, English, Korean, Spanish, and Vietnamese.
For more information, email Consumer Action at email@example.com.
To order printed publications online, you must be a registered member of the Consumer Action website. (Not all of the Consumer Action publications you see online can be ordered as printed versions.) If you're not a registered member, you can simply click on the "log in" link, which will provide you an option to create an account by filling out a one-page member registration form.
Once logged in, you may browse the publications that you wish to order and follow the instructions under "order publication." If the publication is out of stock, you will not see the order publication section. If you have any questions, or need more instructions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (415) 777-9648.
Fax your order
Print out the appropriate order form(s) below, then fax your completed order form(s) to (415) 777-5267, or mail them to:
221 Main Street, Suite 480
San Francisco, CA 94105
Order Forms Available for Nonprofit or Government Agencies
The following order forms are available in PDF format. In order to print a PDF file, you'll need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Money Management and Credit
- An Employee's Guide to Payroll Cards
- Checking and Savings Accounts
- Credit Cards What You Need to Know, and Families and Credit Cards
- Digital Dollars publications
- How to Send Money Home
- Military Brochure (Only for organizations that serve servicemembers and veterans)
- MoneyWi$e Series
- Poor Credit Means Higher Interest Rates: How to Avoid Bad Loans
- Prepaid Cards
- Recognizing Credit Card Fraud
- Staying on Track With Credit
- Understanding Your Credit Score
- 2008 Consumer Action News Internet Commerce Issue
- 2010 Consumer Action Newsletter Summer Issue - Online Privacy
- Freeze Your Credit File
- Health Records Privacy in California (for California agencies only)
- Internet Safety
- MoneyWi$e Series
- Protect Your Phone Records
- HUD Fair Housing publications
- 2006 Consumer Action News Winter Issue Housing Report
- MoneyWi$e Series
- True Life Stories
- California Car Buyer's Bill of Rights (for California agencies only)
- California's Low Cost Auto Insurance Program (for California agencies only)
In addition, most of our publications are also available in PDF format for download. With an Acrobat (PDF) file, an attractive brochure can be produced by printing both sides of a single sheet of paper. When you browse our publications online, please look under the "Download PDF" section for the PDF file, and click on the link to download.
Support Consumer Action
Join Our Email List
Consumer Help Desk
- Help Desk
- Submit Your Complaints
- Presente su queja
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Links to Consumer Resources
- Consumer Service Guide (CSG)
- Class Actions Database
- Consumer Booknotes