- Apr 24, 2017 Guard your Medicare number well!
Consumer Action reminds seniors to safeguard their Medicare numbers. Scammers use victims' Medicare numbers to commit fraud and steal benefits. Unauthorized…
- Feb 08, 2017 Marketers looking to make a buck off student loan borrowers
Consumer Action is warning consumers about mail solicitations on student loan consolidation and payment plans. The letters appear to be from…
- Jan 12, 2017 Radio ads prey on immigrants’ worst fears
Consumer Action warns that hiring an immigration attorney may be unnecessary until one receives a deportation notice
Editor's note: Click…
- Nov 28, 2016 FCC warns of utility call scam
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has alerted consumers to be on the lookout for callers pretending to be utility company…
- Aug 03, 2016 Beware the 'National Consumer Protection Agency'
Consumer Action is warning consumers about a new twist on the government imposter and sweepstakes scam.
Scam artists are calling…
- May 13, 2016 Beware of fake shopping websites
Many consumers have encountered problems with online orders from shopping sites that look like they are based in the U.S.…
- Dec 18, 2015 Telephone scam targets bankruptcy filers
Consumer Action is warning consumers about a new scam targeting bankruptcy filers. (Bankruptcy filings are public records in most…
- Aug 17, 2015 Deceptive solicitations for extended auto warranties
Consumer Action warns consumers about mail solicitations with offers to renew or extend automobile warranties. These letters are designed…
- Jul 15, 2015 Consumer Action debuts new 'SCAM GRAM' e-newsletter
Our new Scam Gram e-newsletter is getting reat reviews. Join the list and get the Scam Gram each…
- Jun 03, 2015 Investors: Beware of false or exaggerated credentials
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Office of Investor Education and Advocacy (OIEA) issued an investor alert warning investors…
- Mar 12, 2015 “Bureau of Defaulters” another government imposter scam
Many consumers have received an email that claims to be from the “Bureau of Defaulters Agency”—purportedly a government agency…
- Feb 04, 2015 Buying a car? Check for 'VIN cloning'
Consumer Action warns car-buying consumers about the dangers of VIN (vehicle identification number) cloning on stolen cars. If you…
- Feb 03, 2015 Protecting your online brokerage accounts from fraud
The Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) Office of Investor Education and Advocacy issued a bulletin to help investors…
- Feb 19, 2014 Dirty Dozen tax scams for 2014
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has compiled a list of Dirty Dozen tax scams for 2014.
- Jan 22, 2014 Cable company calling with a free offer? Not!
Consumer Action is warning consumers about a new fraud in which a scam artist calls, claiming to be from…
Support Consumer Action
Consumer Help Desk
- Help Desk
- Submit Your Complaints
- Presente su queja
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Links to Consumer Resources
- Consumer Service Guide (CSG)
- Class Action Database
- Consumer Booknotes
- [email protected]
- California Action Center
- Position & Issues
- Legislative Positions
- Coalition Efforts
- On Our Radar