Outreach & Training
Consumer Action’s multilingual and multicultural Community Outreach Managers counsel consumers, offer technical advice, conduct train-the-trainer workshops and presentations at community events and national conferences and provide expert analysis and commentary to English, Spanish and Chinese media on a variety of consumer issues. Aware that the best way to reach vulnerable consumer populations is to work with trusted community entities, Consumer Action’s outreach staff leverages our national network of more than 8,000 community-based… Read More »
- Financial and retirement planning at your doorstep
Webinars held in financial education by Consumer Action and NEFE
- Economic survival for servicemembers and veterans
Veterans in San Diego County received survival guide training.
- Coast-to-coast trainings on IP transition and prepaid cards
Consumer Action conducted trainings and workshops from Florida to the West Coast.
- Financial Services Pre-Training Assessment
- Bilingual activity for workshops on online privacy
This classroom activity can be reproduced freely for educational purposes
- Identity Theft and Internet Safety Resource Sheet
This Identity Theft and Internet Safety Resource Sheet can be reproduced freely for educational purposes.
- Navicore Solutions: Helping consumers in need through Money Management 1-2-3
How one national nonprofit uses Consumer Action's free multilingual materials to enrich its clients' lives.
- MoneyWi$e: It’s fun to learn at the YMCA
Financial education training at the Bayview Hunters Point YMCA
- Out and About: Elderly consumers have a ball
- Out and About: A rule to close the payday pit of despair
Consumer Action supports stronger federal consumer protections against payday loans
- Out and About: More transparency and accuracy in credit reporting
Consumer Action’s Audrey Perrott attended a Credit Builders Alliance webinar titled What you need to know about new credit reporting requirements: Impacts of the NCAP for reporters and others.
- Out and About: Measuring your financial health
Center for Financial Services Innovation (CFSI) hosted a webinar entitled Measuring Financial Health: Eight Key Metrics, in which they presented their research on the eight ways to measure financial health in a holistic way.
Recommended Training Tools
- MoneyWi$e Interactive Courses
MoneyWi$e Interactive Courses are designed to help consumers manage their money, so that they can achieve their financial goals and dreams.
- Living Life Online (FTC resource)
The nation's consumer watchdog offers great guidance for staying safe and avoiding scams online.
- CTIA’s Your Wireless Service
CTIA - The Wireless Association has many solid resources to add to your wireless education efforts.
Videos & Webinars
- Using data effectively to build a ‘Culture of Health’
Perrott attended a meeting to learn how social media and mobile health technology can be used to improve health outcomes.
- Forced arbitration documentary premieres in San Francisco
Consumer Action co-hosted "Lost in the Fine Print", a short documentary, on Nov 10, 2014.
- Cell Phones & Digital Communication - Educational Videos
Common Sense Media has some great videos that speak to teens and young people about digital communication.
Support Consumer Action
Consumer Help Desk
- Help Desk
- Submit Your Complaints
- Presente su queja
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Links to Consumer Resources
- Consumer Service Guide (CSG)
- Class Action Database
- Consumer Booknotes