Help Desk FAQ



Where can I get help with an auto repair dispute?

The Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) licenses and regulates auto repair facilities. The BAR requires that mechanics give you a written estimate for repairs and get your verbal consent before performing additional work. You must be provided with an invoice itemizing the repairs and the parts supplied. If you make the request in advance, you are entitled to receive all replaced parts.

If you are unhappy with the repairs performed on your vehicle, complain to the shop or dealership's manager or owner. Contact a media action line and file a complaint with the BAR if not successful. Both can intervene on your behalf. If your car is still under the manufacturer's warranty, you may have rights under the Lemon Law. The BAR can be reached at (800) 952-5210.



Quick Menu

Facebook FTwitter T

Consumer Help Desk