Help Desk FAQ

Credit reports and scores


How can I file a complaint against a credit bureau?

If you believe a credit bureau is not complying with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), you should report it to the Federal Trade Commission (Spanish) (877-FTC-HELP [877-382-4357] / TTY: 866-653-4261) and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (855-411-CFPB [855-411-2372] / TTY: 855-729-CFPB).

When you submit a complaint to the CFPB, the agency works to get you a response, usually within 15 days. The FTC does not resolve individual consumer disputes, but your complaint, comment or inquiry can help the agency spot a pattern of violations that warrant law enforcement action. It also may help the agency recognize and tell people about bigger trends affecting consumers.

To learn if a private attorney would be interested in taking your complaint on contingency, contact a member attorney of the National Association of Consumer Advocates.




Quick Menu

Facebook FTwitter T